Carbon monoxide poisoning is a serious threat to you and your family. This colorless and odorless gas can be generated by a variety of appliances in your home. By maintaining your furnace, water heater, and other home appliances, you can help reduce the risk of contaminating your home’s air with carbon monoxide. Here is a quick look at the dangers of coming into contact with carbon monoxide.
Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
Since carbon monoxide is completely colorless and odorless, it can be nearly impossible to detect the prescience of this deadly gas in your home. If an appliance is leaking carbon monoxide, you may experience the symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning. Persons suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning may experience nausea, dizziness, or loss of consciousness. In extreme cases, carbon monoxide poisoning can lead to death.
To eliminate the danger of carbon monoxide poisoning in your home, it is important to take steps to prevent carbon monoxide leaks. Be sure to schedule regular maintenance appointments for your appliances. In addition, you may want to install a carbon monoxide detector in your home.
At Al’s Plumbing, our experienced technicians can ensure that your heating and cooling appliances are in safe working condition. To set up a repair appointment for your home in the Dallas area, call us at (855) 688-9364.